To Find the Organization System Set-Up Instructions
On the Internet
FIND THE WEB SITE
FamilySearch.org - Research Guidance
1. How to get started:
Organizing Your Paper Files
2. How to set up the basic filing system:
Organizing Your Paper Files Using File Folders
3. For ideas on when to use 3-ring binders, see:
Organizing Your Paper Files Using Binders (Notebooks)
Click on the document "Organizing Your Paper Files."
2. There are 4 tabs across the top. The first tab, Guide,
is light blue in color because it is the active tab.
The others are gray. Print the Guide document by clicking
on the Print icon on the tool bar at the top of the
3. Click on the tab Tips. Print the document.
4. Click on the tabs Background and then Where To Find
It, and print these documents.
5. Click the Back Arrow at the top left of the screen
until you are back at the alphabetical index list of
documents for the letter "O."
6. Click on the document "Organizing Your Paper
Files Using File Folders."
7. Print the document for Guide.
8. Print the documents in the tabs Tips, Background,
and Where To Find It.
now have the instructions for setting up the filing
From the same screen, Where To Find It, under "Internet,"
the second site which is called FamilyRoots Organizer
will take you to the web site http://www.familyrootsorganizer.com
that has additional helps for setting up this system.
2. In the document "Organizing Your Paper Files
Using File Folders" click on the Guide tab. Click
on Step 1. There are several additional pages you may
want to view and print. Click on the word Example, for
instance, to see a picture of the file box. You can
print this screen and others like it. These screens
include various pictures of the file box set up, the
5-generation pedigree chart with circles, and other
luck getting organized! Feel free to contact me at my
e-mail address email@example.com
or at http://www.MaryEVHill.com
if you have questions.