Path to "Organize..."
in Research Guidance,
How To Find the Organization System Set-Up Instructions
On the Internet
FIND THE WEB SITE
FamilySearch.org - Research Guidance
1. How to get started:
Your Paper Files
2. How to set up the basic filing system:
Your Paper Files Using File Folders
3. For ideas on when to use 3-ring binders, see:
Your Paper Files Using Binders (Notebooks)
PRINTING THE DOCUMENTS
1. Click on the document "Organizing Your Paper
2. There are 4 tabs across the top. The first tab,
Guide, is light blue in color because it is the
active tab. The others are gray. Print the Guide
document by clicking on the Print icon on the
tool bar at the top of the screen.
3. Click on the tab Tips. Print the document.
4. Click on the tabs Background and then Where
To Find It, and print these documents.
5. Click the Back Arrow at the top left of the screen
until you are back at the alphabetical index list of
documents for the letter "O."
6. Click on the document "Organizing Your Paper
Files Using File Folders."
7. Print the document for Guide.
8. Print the documents for the tabs Tips, Background,
and Where To Find It.
You now have the instructions for setting up the filing
USING THE DOCUMENTS
1. From the same screen, Where To Find It, under
"Internet," the second site FamilyRoots
Organizer will take you to the web site that
has additional helps for setting up this system.
2. In the document "Organizing Your Paper Files
Using File Folders" click on the Guide tab.
Click on Step 1. There are several additional pages
you may want to view and print. Click on the word Example,
for instance, to see a picture of the file box. You
can print this screen and others like it. These screens
include various pictures of the file box set up, the
5-generation pedigree chart with circles, and other
Good luck getting organized! Feel free to contact me
at email@example.com or www.MaryEVHill.com
if you have questions.